help!

Larry Jones scjones at sdrc.UUCP
Sat Dec 2 09:11:43 AEST 1989

In article <578 at ka3adu.UUCP>, johncore at ka3adu.UUCP (john core) writes:
> Does anyone know how to get an Archive ft-60 tape drive to
> work on u-port 386 ???. Archive sent me drivers but no instructions.
> When I called them they said they never supported u-port 386, yet
> I have a distribution disk from them labeled u-port 386. On an
> old ad in unix-world they list u-port as supported. but there new
> add makkes no mention of microport. Microport comes with the BSH
> program evinstaLL which used ev.o and config in the atconf directory
> Archive supplied the files ft.o and config. I tried renaming the
> files and using evinstall but the 386 hangs when I call for a tape
> function. Has anyone installed an FT-60 on U-port???

Even as I type this, I am backing up onto one.  I got the drivers
directly from Microport (just before their unfortunate demise).
If you call them, you still might be able to get it.
----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones at SDRC.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"You know how Einstein got bad grades as a kid?  Well MINE are even WORSE!"
-Calvin