Tape drive support in AT 2.4

Gerard J van der Grinten PA0GRI gvdg at gvdgpc.UUCP
Sat Dec 23 08:10:53 AEST 1989

Hello folks,
I added an Everex 833 card and a wangtek tape drive to my system (AT - 286)
and made the changes in master to enable the ev driver.
I set it up to use interrupt 41 (2 -> 9) and thats what i used for the
Everex diagnostics (IO addr = 0x300). Those run fine till the tape wears out.
But using strm i have a stall condition. 2 times zsss (rewind ??) and then
NOTHING.  From root a echo >/dev/mt/reset makes the drive lite go out.
But 2 strm's stay around. a kill gets 1 going and the other becomes orfand.
Are there more thing i shound tweak??? (there was no doc on my 2.3 -> 2.4
upgrade and only a man page on strm(1) but not on tape(1). (that hangs too.)
Regards and season greetings, gerard.
PS, I reworked sendmail (5.58) to talk to uport 2.4 with Ecxelan and playes
SMTP. (BSD out and sysv in (sockets)) Sources at wb3ffv BBS system in
microport area in svsendmail.tar.