3.5 bootable for Turbosport

ken ken at metaware.metaware.com
Sat Dec 23 02:43:05 AEST 1989

In article <14145 at robin.cs.nott.ac.uk> pes at cs.nott.ac.uk (Peter Sutton) writes:
>Has anyone managed to install uport 386 3.0e onto a Zenith Turbosport and could
>1 - It has no port for attaching a secondary drive.
>2 - The 3.5" drive parameters cannot be altered using the machine's own
>SETUP utilities. (As far as I can see).

>failed. When tried to boot off the disk got "Diskette unit 0 must be quad
>density". This message comes from the boot disk's first sector - a hex edit

I did some consulting work after I left Microport. One of the things I
did was to make an installable system from 3.5" floppies. That message
you got was from the boot code. It pokes around in the bios to see what
kind of drive you've got installed. You may be able to get a new 3.5"
boot  from Microport and then copy all of your run time disks onto 3.5"
floppies. using something like cpout.

--
Ken