Questions about upgrading to unix.

Dave Remien dave at pmafire.UUCP
Sun Feb 26 04:09:22 AEST 1989

In article <1721 at ssc.UUCP> fyl at ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:

>Seems pretty easy.  Sell the IBM dog, get something generic but
>decent like an AMI/Mylex motherboard base system with 4MB on
>board and some disk.  Then buy Microport or ENIX.  Total cost
>should be <$3000 for the box with 4MB and what you sell the
>IBM for should cover the disk drive and software.
>--
>Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
>    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl

I agree with Phil - the Mylex board works *very* well, and I've had no
real problems with Microport 3.0e, once I got rid of the Digiboard 8
port dumb serial card in the system.
--
Dave Remien - WINCO Computer Engineering Group (only somewhat confused, now)
Work - 208-526-3523 Home - 208-524-1906 UUCP Path: ...!bigtex!pmafire!dave