16550A in uport 3.0e ('386)

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Mon Feb 13 09:15:52 AEST 1989

In article <5111 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
: I have problems with the machine locking up when I install a 16550A
: on a uport 3.0e system and enable the fifo.
:
: Has anyone been using one successfully?

Yes.

I enable it by writing 0xC9 to I/O port 0x3FA when I boot.  I have
the standard driver. BTW, have those poeple who had 16550A drivers in
beta released them yet?

I've always had problems with my modem locking up, in that the modem
transmits to the system but the system doesn't hear it. This has not
changed since I installed the 16550A. However, this has never brought
my system to a halt; all it does is require me to reboot if I want my
modem to work correctly. I'm almost certain that this is something
wrong with my I/O card.

---
Bill
{ uunet!proxftl | novavax } !twwells!bill