Microport System V/AT Assembly Language not documented

Michael Grenier mike at cimcor.mn.org
Tue Feb 7 14:07:58 AEST 1989

>From article <375 at siswat.UUCP>, by buck at siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck):
> In article <750 at cgch.UUCP>, whna at cgcha.uucp (Heinz Naef) writes:
>> The assembly language processed by the as(1) command of Microport System V/AT
>> write a minimum assembler program. Compared to the excellent documentation of
>> the linkkit, it is strange that there is no chapter on usage of the assembler
>> and on coding guidelines.
#
# I was asking Microport for as(1) documentation over two years ago.
# Guess they still haven't found it. ;-)  They claimed that AT&T
# did not supply any, and that was that.

Come on guys, the documentation has been on the Microport BBS
for about a year now. I believe the new phone for it is
1-408-441-0137 for 2400/1200 baud. Its really the 386 Assembly Language
Docs but the assembler is identical except that the 286 is a
subset (the 386 instructions are documented as such).

   -Mike Grenier
    mike at cimcor.mn.org
    uunet!rosevax!cimcor!mike