Microport System V/AT Assembly Language not documented

Mike Mitchell mdm at cocktrice.UUCP
Wed Feb 8 05:57:41 AEST 1989

In article <750 at cgch.UUCP> whna at cgcha.uucp (Heinz Naef) writes:
>The assembly language processed by the as(1) command of Microport System V/AT
>has a completely different semantics, different instruction mnemonics and a
>different assembler control (macro) language than usual assemblers for the
>80x86 personal computers.
>
>I repeatedly tried to directly contact technical support of Microport and
>also Mr. Plocher and Mr. Sully. Even though I included the serial# of my
>distribution, I didn't get any response.

Microport will not give you doo doo on this, I called a long time ago and
tried to get even a simple table of opcodes which were implemented, no luck.

The best thing I have found is the combination of compiling various C programs
with the -S switch and see what type of assembly output is generated, and
running various .o modules through "dis" (which is undocumented anywhere I
have looked).

If you find a source which has good details on this, please drop me a line.

--
Mike Mitchell				BELL:	(505) 471-7639
2020 Calle Lorca #43			ARPA:	mdm at cocktrice.UUCP