Installing Perl 2.18 yacc complains abort space

Joe Buck jbuck at epimass.EPI.COM
Mon Jul 3 05:29:57 AEST 1989

In article <783 at radig.UUCP> peter at radig.UUCP (Peter Radig) writes:
>I've just gotten Perl 2.0 Patchlevel 18.
>
>While installing it on my Microport Unix V/386 the first make aborts
>with the following message:

>	 fatal error: out of space, line 703

Microport's yacc was compiled with tiny table sizes, sizes appropriate
for a 64K machine.  Complain to Microsoft, and in the meantime, have a
friend or UUCP neighbor run the file through yacc on their machine and send
you the C output; you can proceed from there.  All Microsoft needs to do
to fix the problem is to change the values of certain constants and send
you a new binary; if they get enough complaints, maybe they will do this
in their next release if they haven't already.

--
-- Joe Buck	jbuck at epimass.epi.com, uunet!epimass.epi.com!jbuck