SYS V/AT 2.4.0-U DosMerge ???

cassidy at cdp.UUCP cassidy at cdp.UUCP
Sat Jul 15 20:44:52 AEST 1989

I have just installed Locus Computing Company's DosMerge on my machine, which
is running SYS V/AT 2.4.0-U. When I began, installit told me the disk was
set 1 of merge. Copyright ???? AT&T... so on. I used the 1.2 floppy which had
been formatted with IBM DOS 3.2. The install procedure went fine all the way
up to the re-boot on the floppy - remove floppy and re-boot. I removed the
floppy, rebooted the machine, and lo and behold... my screen flashes white, and
begins the boot all over. It never gets past the initial boot. If I use my
backup of system5, I can boot the machine, but otherwise, it keeps rebooting.
I suspect that it would keep doing so until the cows come home. Anyone else have a similar prob? Any help would be gratefully ap
preciated.

-cass

UUCP: attctc!maudib!cassidy
or    attctc!cassidy