Can you run Sys V/AT on a 386 box?

John Plocher plocher%sally at Sun.COM
Sat Jul 22 18:15:47 AEST 1989

In article <225 at opel.UUCP> johnk at opel.UUCP (John Kennedy) writes:
>Is there any reason that a Sys V/AT wouldn't run on a 386 CPU board?

No, it should run OK.  Merge/286 will NOT run, but everything else should.

I'd not bother, though.  Unless you are *really* strapped for $$$ the
ease of use and freedom from those Damn Segments is worth the cost
of a 386 Unix.  Everex has a version for ~ $500, with a Microport
disk ISC and SCO give trade up discounts, and I'm sure you could
find someone who would sell you a slightly used Microport 3.0e set
real cheap :-)

Have Fun!

   -John Plocher