Is anyone executing Cnews on microport 2.4 ?

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Mon Jul 10 23:58:56 AEST 1989

In article <14 at pfm.UUCP>, root at pfm.UUCP (TSOS of PFM) writes:
> No, sorry, I have the microport sys V 386 Rel. 3.0, but I have
> trouble with the "spacefor" - the whole time inews says that there
> is not enough space at my /usr/spool/news (32 MB free space !).

Often news fails with out of space messages if the inode table is full.
The SV/386 with release < 3.2.1 will have the infamous inode bug
which will report out of inodes incorrectly.  Use df -t to see.  The only
*real* fix is to upgrade or to mkfs.  Fsck fixes are only temporary.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll