Login problems with System V/386 3.0e

Mike Borza nusip at maccs.McMaster.CA
Fri Jun 23 01:21:56 AEST 1989

In article <9462 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
>In article <782 at cgh.UUCP> david at cgh.UUCP (David Kozinn) writes:
     [that he can't log in remotely]
>>do that, I get the usual "Login incorrect" message but BEFORE I even
>>get the Password: prompt.
>I've seen the same thing here and am interested in what is causing this.
>  Jon Zeeff			zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us

I believe the problem is probably in the "final-flags" field of
/etc/gettydefs.  In particular, I had similar problems when the
SANE flag was present.  Also, on my 386/ix 2.0.1 system, `stty sane'
logs me out from a directly connected terminal.  I believe the cause
is the same, but haven't had time to isolate it.

Anybody got any ideas?

mike borza

--
Michael Borza                       work: <antel!mike at maccs.McMaster.CA>
Antel Optronics Inc.                home: <boopsy!mike at maccs.McMaster.CA>