Tatu Ylonen's SCSI driver

Harold W Hankins hwh at cup.portal.com
Tue Jun 20 18:17:57 AEST 1989

Wolf N. Paul (wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us) asks:

> I would like to know whether this code is likely to work with other
> SCSI adapters rather than the Seagate ST-01 -- i.e. the Adaptec SCSI
> adapter, etc.

The only other one I know of that it has a good chance of working on
is the one by Future Domain, from the pictures I've seen, it's almost
identical to the ST-01.  In fact, Future Domain did the MSDOS BIOS ROM
on the ST-01 (it has their copyright on it).

The ST-01 card is a small (what do we call them, quarter cards?) PC
card with only 3 chips, 5 small capacitors and 3 jumpers.
The main chip (the scsi controller) is made by Texas Instruments.
(p/n 11746-501 CF61891FN N 34213).  It's completely memory mapped,
it uses no I/O ports.  All of its registers and its buffer ram are
mapped into memory in the space the second half of the rom should
be.

The strangest thing about it is it's price, around $32.00 (not a typo,
thats thirty-two dollars).

Hank Hankins		hwh at cup.portal.com
Point of Sales Systems, Inc
Camarillo, CA