tape drive support

Dominick Samperi samperi at marob.masa.com
Sat Jun 10 13:45:32 AEST 1989

Does anybody know how to specify the interrupt number/dma channel, etc.
when a new kernel is built with streaming tape support? I tried simply
un-commenting the lines with "ar" in dfile.wini and master, and was
able to build and boot the resulting kernel, but the tape driver does
not work. When I write to the tape the drive motor constantly starts
and stops, and when I try to read the tape my system hangs. The controller
board is configured to use irq 3, I believe...

--
Dominick Samperi -- ESCC
samperi at marob.masa.com
uunet!hombre!samperi