UUCP PROBLEM ON MICROPORT V/386 3.0e

Berry Kercheval berry at lll-crg.llnl.gov
Fri Jun 23 11:41:44 AEST 1989

In article <989 at hawkmoon.MN.ORG>, det at hawkmoon (Derek E. Terveer) writes:
>In article <110921 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, williamt at athena1.Sun.COM (William A. Turnbow) writes:
>>  Is HDB public domain, or where was it
>> developed?
>Hdb was, i believe, developed by peter honeyman working at at&t and is not in
>the public domain.

It was in fact developed by peter honeyman, Dan Nowitz and Brian
Redman at AT&T.  peter is at U of Michigan now; Brian is at Bellcore
and I don't know about Dan.  They presented their results at a Usenix
about 5 years ago.
  HDB, or BNU as the often perverse AT&T marketing agents insist on
calling it, is most emphatically NOT public domain.

  --berry