merge for Microport 2.4

frank sechrist frank at fas.UUCP
Wed Jun 28 11:35:08 AEST 1989

I'm trying to install DOS Merge on an AT running 2.4 systemV/AT.  After the
bootsnap procedure I get the following error msg:

	Improper_instl: dosimg: ERROR: Improperly installed.
	Permission mode incorrect and/or ownership is wrong.

The installation continues and indicates install was successful.  I can install
and run DOS programs with no problem.  BUT, the first time the machine reboots
I get the following msg:

	Login error: entering single user mode

and the root prompt appears.

If anyone has experience with this error msg or can tell me what's causing the
error concerning permissions/ownership I'd appreciate the help.  Is the error
during the merge install process causing the login error after a reboot?

					Frank Sechrist

--
Cherokee Software Systems        |    Frank A. Sechrist
406 Cherokee Drive               |    Specializing is Clipper software