Microport Status

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Tue Mar 14 02:08:12 AEST 1989

Microport isn't dead. Microport isn't bankrupt. Microport isn't out of business.
We are still shipping product.  We are still answering tech support calls.

Life isn't all roses, though.  Slow cash flow is the reason we weren't at
Uniforum.  Adverse working conditions is the reason there hasn't been much
net activity lately.  We are sharing a building with Televideo, and our
Usenet node/BBS machine is in their computer room.  2 weeks ago, someone stole
a Trailblazer and 2 other modems from our running systems.  If that wasn't
enough, every once in a while they turn off our machines.  It's a bitch.
To top it all off, the wiring in the building's phone room is so screwed up
that the phone guy can't even hook up the in state 800-number lines.  I can
only hope that the out of state lines work!

Stay tuned to this station, news at 11.

   -John Plocher