Is microport really gone?

John Temples johnt at bilver.UUCP
Tue Mar 7 03:49:34 AEST 1989

In article <14578 at quacky.mips.COM> menna at mips.COM (Randy Menna) writes:
>Does anyone have any experience with running binary application on
>both microport 386 and interactive 386? Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

Any binary application compiled on Microport 386 should run on 386 i/x and
vice versa.  As for WordPerfect, I tried running the Microport version on
386 i/x.  It did run, but it had enough problems updating the screen to be
unusable.  This might be fixable by changing the console termcap entry; I
didn't try doing this.  It could be something more serious like differences
in the console driver -- has anyone gotten WordPerfect running on 386 i/x?
--
John Temples - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!johnt
                   : johnt at bilver.UUCP