Microport Status

John Plocher plocher%babelfish at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 30 05:24:09 AEST 1989

In article <315 at uport.UUCP> March 13, 1988, John Plocher (me) writes:
>Microport isn't [dead,bankrupt,out of business].

As of Monday March 27, those comments of mine are really no longer true.
Facts:
	Microport has filed chapter 11
	All of the technical staff (Tech support, Engineering) is gone
		(either other jobs or other job offers)
	The major buyer I hinted at in an earlier posting has backed out
		(because the technical staff wasn't staying on)

	But the company IS still in business.

John Plocher
(No longer constrained by employer-employee regulations at Microport)