C bug causes double panic

Andrew ValenciaSeattle vandys at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Tue Mar 28 02:08:24 AEST 1989

/ hpcupt1:comp.unix.microport / ken at gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) /  9:15 pm  Mar 23, 1989 /
>I find it interesting that noone (that I know of) has REALLY written
>an operating system based on the 286 features (as apposed to adapting
>an old arch (MS-DOS) or making the arch look like something else
>(Unix)) except Microsoft (OS/2) and Intel itself (iRMX/286).

	Gemini (sp?) Computers offered a B-level secure operating system
as an important part of the Trusted Computer Base software line.  Fully
semaphored MP-capable system... all on the '286.  Mr. Tao, the president,
claimed it was the only OS at that time which used all the protection
features the '286 offered.  I wonder how they're doing....

				Andy