Interactive (was uport death rumors)

Jeffrey Kegler jeffrey at algor2.UUCP
Tue Mar 7 12:06:23 AEST 1989

In article <3422 at ima.ima.isc.com> trb at ima.UUCP (Andrew Tannenbaum) writes:
>In article <1652 at trantor.harris-atd.com> wcurtiss%x102c at trantor.harris-atd.com (William Curtiss) writes:
>
>> [ As a side note, Interactive was recently bought by Kodak. ]
>
>I can't imagine what your intention is by associating Interactive with
>Microport death rumors.

I have trouble imagining what you are so sensitive about.  As someone who
reccomends the various flavors of UNIX to clients, William's posting did
nothing to undercut the good impression I have of Interactive.  I mean,
postings are traditionly informal and often rambling, but he went to the
trouble of placing it in brackets and prefixing "As a side note", for heaven's
sake.

Postings like William's are what I read news for.  The additional materials in
Andrew's were also helpful.  I do not like to leave the accusation that a
perfectly proper, responsibly presented and true remark should not have been
made, unanswered.  Usually, I think what I have just said is more appropriate
for Email, but I worry about the potential chilling effect.  I would worry
if a company feels it has to supress comment about it on the net.
--

Jeffrey Kegler, President, Algorists,
jeffrey at algor2.UU.NET or uunet!algor2!jeffrey