COM1 (DOS) port under DOSMerge : How to get it to work?

John Sparks sparks at acer.UUCP
Sun Mar 19 06:41:52 AEST 1989

> In article <11109 at ut-emx.UUCP>, mike at ut-emx.UUCP (Mike O'Donnell) writes:
> ] We have a CompuAdd 386/20 running uport SYS V and DOSMerge.  I would
> ] like to be able to run the PC version of kermit using the unix
> ] /dev/tty00 port.  I have tried everything in the DOSMerge book and
> ] nothing seems to work.  Either I am missing something or it just
> ] doesn't work.

Try Procomm under dosmerge. It seems to work ok for me. Remember to tell
the dos session to assign the serial ports to it.
use
     $ dos -acom1=/dev/tty00
or
     $ dos -adcom1=/dev/tty00

       ^^^(sometimes this one works better)

Procomm has kermit protocol.

--
John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps
______________|          sparks at corpane.UUCP          | 502/968-5401 thru -5406

Beware of quantum ducks: Quark, Quark.