Is microport really gone?

Dave Remien dave at pmafire.UUCP
Sun Mar 5 11:47:38 AEST 1989

In article <14578 at quacky.mips.COM> menna at mips.COM (Randy Menna) writes:

>I too heard rumors of microports demise, plus the fact that they
>were not at uniforum, I fear the worst, it does not bode well.

They answered the phone on Thursday, and answered a technical question,
*after* asking for and receiving my support number.

>[ Stuff about Interactive ]
>But, (there's always a but), will my binary applications
>for microport 386 run on interactive 386.

I've run lots of Microport and Bell Tech compiled binaries under AT&T's
3.2 System V/386; all worked perfectly. The AT&T port is Interactive's,
as far as I know.
>Randy Menna					home: 408-292-0628
>UUCP: {decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!mips!menna 	work: 408-991-0249
>UUCP: {decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!mips!spliff!menna 	play:

Dave
--
Dave Remien - WINCO Computer Engineering Group (only somewhat confused, now)
Work - 208-526-3523 Home - 208-524-1906 UUCP Path: ...!bigtex!pmafire!dave