COM1 (DOS) port under DOSMerge : How to get it to work?

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.UUCP
Thu Mar 16 10:30:26 AEST 1989

In article <11109 at ut-emx.UUCP>, mike at ut-emx.UUCP (Mike O'Donnell) writes:
] We have a CompuAdd 386/20 running uport SYS V and DOSMerge.  I would
] like to be able to run the PC version of kermit using the unix
] /dev/tty00 port.  I have tried everything in the DOSMerge book and
] nothing seems to work.  Either I am missing something or it just
] doesn't work.

Don't bother trying.  I tried it.  It doesn't work.  Microport knows
it.  They don't care.  Or should I say, they didn't care.  Now they
don't exist, from what I've been hearing.
--
Bill Michaelson - Reply to: princeton!mccc!cosi!bill
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026