Interactive (was uport death rumors)

Brian Cuthie brian at cbw1.UUCP
Fri Mar 10 01:07:50 AEST 1989

In article <3422 at ima.ima.isc.com> trb at ima.UUCP (Andrew Tannenbaum) writes:
>In article <1652 at trantor.harris-atd.com> wcurtiss%x102c at trantor.harris-atd.com (William Curtiss) writes:
>
>> [ As a side note, Interactive was recently bought by Kodak. ]
>
>William,
>I can't imagine what your intention is by associating Interactive with
>Microport death rumors.  Our sale to Kodak was completed in July 1988,
>it's not exactly hot news.  With Kodak capital, we aren't exactly close
>to bankruptcy; in fact, if you want some current ISC news, we're buying
>Lachman Associates.  (This is a fact that has been released by us to
>the public, not a secret or a rumor.)  Associating Interactive with
>Microport death rumors is unfounded if not insidious.
>
>	Andrew Tannenbaum   Interactive   Cambridge, MA   +1 617 661 7474

Touchy, touchy, touchy...

I actually read William's article to imply that while uPort was going out of
business (finally!), that Interactive was doing well and in fact had been
purchased by a LARGE company with great capital resources.

I have owned the uPort product since it first came out on the 286.  I'm
running a 386 now and things have been better, but I was seriously wondering
how long it would take the pressures of competition to put those guys out of
business.  They just didn't (don't) seem to be able to get *anything* right.

-brian

--
Brian D. Cuthie                                 uunet!umbc3!cbw1!brian
Columbia, MD                                    brian at umbc3.umbc.edu