^S/^Q problem in SV/AT 2.4

Charles Hedrick hedrick at geneva.rutgers.edu
Wed May 24 13:02:12 AEST 1989

Now that all the Uport staff seem to be working elsewhere, we're
starting to get answers to questions that we hadn't been able to
before.  (While I appreciate this, I don't *really* expect plocher and
others to spend the rest of their lives trying to atone for the sins
of Uport.  But we might as well try to get as much out of them as we
can while they're still feeling helpful.)  So I thought it would be
worth asking an old question again: Is there a known fix for the
problem of ^S on the console not being reversible?  By known fix I
mean something that I can somehow do myself (even if it's just to take
modules x, y, and z from the 2.3 version).  I assume from what I'm
hearing here (and one attempt that I made myself) that's it's not
worth calling Uport at this point.