Using AST 4port or clone on uPort (long)

Jon Zeeff zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
Thu May 18 23:31:53 AEST 1989

>On the other hand if the manufacture takes care he can allow you to have
>multiple cards on one IRQ. For example the Bell Tech Hub 6 allows up to four

While this is nice to have, I've found that the AT bus usually has
enough extra interrupts to make sharing unnecessary.  Look into
running a wire wrap wire from your serial card over to a 16 bit cards
interrupt lines (perhaps int 10 and 15).  Then use software that
allows you to use any free interrupt for the asy ports (like Jim Murray
posted).

  Jon Zeeff			zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Ann Arbor, MI			sharkey!b-tech!zeeff