Microport 286 binaries on SysV3.2?

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Wed May 10 23:56:29 AEST 1989

In article <1989May5.060529.18967 at telly.on.ca>, evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
> I have been unsuccessful in attempts to make the Microport 286 DWB
> work on my Enix 3.2 (now to be renamed OSIX :-Q). Did Microport do
> something to AT&T COFF that makes it different from original AT&T
> specs?
>
> Evan Leibovitch, SA of System Telly, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario

Although I have not tried this on Enix, the problem *may* be that as originally
distributed the MP 286 DWB was in STL *not* COFF.  This sucked in a big way
as even Microport 386 didn't deal with STL.  (To answer the next question,
STL== Single Task Loadable, Intels binary "standard")

Use file(1) to see for sure.  File knows about STL 286.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll