How can I boot dos from HD and still run Microport 3.0e?

John Plocher plocher%sally at Sun.COM
Tue May 2 10:21:32 AEST 1989

In article <9282 at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
>DOesn't typing "DOS" from the boot: prompt work?

   For the most part, yes.  TSRs may not work right, the floppy access
light may stay on all the time, and other "glitches" may show   up because
by the time the boot:  prompt shows up, the kernal has done *some*
hardware initialization and changed *some* low memory locations.

   One of the reasons Microport suggested staying away from fdisk was the
number of problems we had in Support with dumb users deleting their Unix
partition and then calling us up and making us clean up after them...
:-)

    -John Plocher