Microport DEAD ????

b michiel at cadlab1.UUCP
Wed May 3 20:59:24 AEST 1989

I just got a call from the firm who sold microport unix to me. He told
me uPort is in serious trouble. I think it would be a pity if they don't
survive. I am a happy user of 3.0e ( I wasn't happy with 2.2).

As we are currently planning to implement an NFS network at our offices
for which I would need software which supports microport the question
arises whether I should switch to another blend of 386 UNIX. I under
stand there is a possibility for Microport users to switch to Interactive
at a reduced price.

Does anyone have experience with switching from uPort to Interactives IX ?
How compatible are they, what are the differences?

--

# Michiel Betel         # snail: Stichting CadLab, Waterlooplein 211,
# michiel at cadlab1.UUCP  #        Amsterdam, the Netherlands