Backups of Distibution Floppies

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Tue May 23 02:33:52 AEST 1989

In article <105986 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at sun.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
=Under DOS 3.3 (and 4.0?) the DISKCOPY program seems to only copy DOS
=formatted disks.  If the boot record isn't a DOS generated one, the
=copy will not be correct.  The Microport distribution boot disks had to
=be specially engineered to work around this problem.
=
=I didn't do the engineering so I don't really know the specifics of the
=problem, but disks copied with 3.2 diskcopy worked and with 3.3 diskcopy
=they didn't.  Then we fiddled with the boot sector and they would copy
=fine.

John,
	Is it possible to look at the copies (or originals, for that matter) with
	Norton Utilities Advanced (in maintenance mode)?  Is that a reasonable
	test of succesful copying?  Thanks,
Pete

--
Pete Holsberg, Mercer County Community College, Trenton, NJ 08690
{backbone}!rutgers!njin!princeton!njsmu!mccc!pjh