System V/AT 2.4 and DOS

Chris Peck chris at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
Tue Nov 21 04:02:35 AEST 1989

Here's my problem:  I have version 2.4 (System V/AT) installed on my AT,
which has a RLL disk.  The active partition is System5 and DOS 3.3 (or 4.0)
is installed on another partition.  When I boot I get the usual boot prompt:
boot: (/system5)
    or something like that
if I enter dos the printer resets - the hard lite goes on and I hear the
heads move a little then nothing - it hangs.  I've tried the divvy -u to
no avail.  One other note, if I do a dosdir C: from unix I get: an error
which says:  bad boot rec. signature
Can anyone help?  - does this mean I cannot run DOS Merge also?
-thanks,
 chris
--
chris at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu    Chris Peck