help!

john core johncore at ka3adu.UUCP
Tue Nov 28 20:53:57 AEST 1989

Does anyone know how to get an Archive ft-60 tape drive to
work on u-port 386 ???. Archive sent me drivers but no instructions.
When I called them they said they never supported u-port 386, yet
I have a distribution disk from them labeled u-port 386. On an
old ad in unix-world they list u-port as supported. but there new
add makkes no mention of microport. Microport comes with the BSH
program evinstaLL which used ev.o and config in the atconf directory
Archive supplied the files ft.o and config. I tried renaming the
files and using evinstall but the 386 hangs when I call for a tape
function. Has anyone installed an FT-60 on U-port???
thanks

|--| john core |___| UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!ka3adu!johncore |----|