Default rules for make

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sat Nov 11 13:23:37 AEST 1989

As quoted from <1989Nov8.033800.5104 at monymsys.uucp> by david at monymsys.uucp (David Kozinn):
+---------------
| Here's the problem: I'm running Microport Sys V/386 and using the Green Hills
| C compiler. I would prefer that instead of the default value of "cc" being
| used for the $CC macro that gcc be used instead. For the time being, when I
| make something I've done something like "make CC=gcc foobar", which works just
| fine, but is a minor annoyance. I've looked around for a makefile in some

Make's rules are built in.  However, you can always resort to:

			    csh: setenv CC gcc
			    sh:  CC=gcc; export CC

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery    allbery at NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu bsa at telotech.uucp