Patches for UNaXcess BBS on System V/AT

ken ken at metaware.metaware.com
Wed Nov 22 02:48:25 AEST 1989

In article <906 at cgch.UUCP> whna at cgch.UUCP (Heinz Naef) writes:
>The UNaXcess package posted in comp.sources.unix a long time ago compiles
>well on Microport System V/AT 2.4. However, trying to access it from the
>console produces strange screen output (column mode instead of line mode).
>
>Since the good old Microport BBS was based on UNaXcess and didn't show up
>this problem, there should be patches around to fix this misbehavior.
>Could anyone post or mail these patches?

The Microport BBS was always a 386 box running 2.2 and then 3.0e1. We also
did a bit of work on the UNaXcess source to fix some bugs and customize it.
I don't remember anybug about funny screen output but then I wasn't the one
that did most of the work on the source. You might have run into a 286 compiler
bug or more likely a C library bug (in puts) or a curses bug (I can't remember
if UNaXcess used curses).

--Ken