C++ for Microport

Greg Comeau comeau at utoday.UUCP
Wed Oct 4 08:54:47 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep29.132140.3802 at sdti.com> mjy at sdti.SDTI.COM (Michael J. Young) writes:
>I bought a version of CFRONT 1.2 from Comeau Computing a while back, and it
>works fine.  I've never found anything that I could compile with other
>ports of CFRONT (like DOS or OS/2) that didn't also work under Microport
>V/AT.  It cost $250, and is available on just about any PC version of UNIX,
>including XENIX, System V/AT and the 386 machines.
>I know they're working on a 2.0 port, but I don't know when it will be
>available.  Their address is:
>		Comeau Computing
>		Richmond Hill, NY  11418
>		(718) 849-2355

Thanks for the pitch Mike.  It was my understanding that CC was the only ones
crazy enough to do a uport AT port, but perhaps not.  In any event, the
information and price you posted is still accurate.

BTW, Our street address is 91-34 120th Street.  Also, we have C++ 2.0 available
for various machine already including all UNIX 386's, the 3B2 and the
AT&T UNIX PC, and the latest XENIX.  Pre-XENIX and 286 XENIX, MSDOS,
and OS/2 is in the works..

If anybody has questions, please don't hesitate to call or ask.