Microport V/AT 2.4 at 19200 with Telebit Trailblazer

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Mon Sep 25 09:47:46 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep24.135744.5857 at trevan.uucp>, trevor at trevan.uucp (Trevor J. Harris) writes:
> Is anybody runing a Telibit Trailblazer at 19200 on V/AT 2.4.
> I am not sure if the Microport drivers will support that speed so I was
> thinking about using the async driver posted to the net recently.
> I would be grateful for any advice

   When I was still running V/AT 2.4 and 2.3 on a 8Mhz box, I could not
get satisfactory results from 19.2K. Keep in mind I dont even think the
standard uucp will support that speed. After upgrading to HDB at least
I could configure the port but modem operation was *very* irratic if
operable at all. I ran 9600 which worked like a charm.

   Even after I upgraded to a 16 Mhz 386 and installed V/386 I still
was not satisfied with 19.2K. I could communicate with the modem and
even get a uucp running. But if I did any other serial or console
activity on the machine, the modem would stop and then start again.
Overall throughput was terrible. Again, I am running now 9600 and
it works very smoothly. I can have a 9600 baud News feed coming in
at the same time I have two 1200 baud RF-modems running and all is
well. I might point out Im using a Digiboard 8-port non-intelligent
serial board. Your mileage may vary.

						John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john at wa3wbu.uu.net
Marysville, PA 17053             |           Packet: WA3WBU @ AK3P