minor dev nums, bootable disks

60648000 laurie at ucscb.UCSC.EDU
Wed Sep 13 00:25:22 AEST 1989

In article <774 at n3dmc.UU.NET> brian at n3dmc.UU.NET (Brian Lloyd) writes:

>For uPort SysV/AT 2.4 (286).
>2.  How do I create a bootable floppy disk for SysV/AT v2.4?
>
>I have the v2.4 distribution on 1.2Mb 5" floppies but I want to convert to
>1.44 Mb mini floppies.

You won't be able to do this unless you want to write your own boot code. The
boot code that uport uses has 5.25" geometry hard wired into it. There is also
code in the kernel startup routine that looks at the primary 5.25" high density
floppy only if there is no hard disk to boot from. Both of these would have to
be changed to make a 3.5" boot disk. I did it for the uport 3.0e.1 386
distribution.

-Ken Chapin
-