minor dev nums, bootable disks

John Plocher plocher%sally at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 13 10:17:23 AEST 1989

In article <774 at n3dmc.UU.NET> brian at n3dmc.UU.NET (Brian Lloyd) writes:
>For uPort SysV/AT 2.4 (286).
>
>1.  What are the minor device numbers for floppy devices?  I need numbers

I don't have that info anymore, but Wolf Paul (Belated Congradulations, Dad!)
posted a list a while back that might help.

>2.  How do I create a bootable floppy disk for SysV/AT v2.4?

You make a copy of the provided one (dd or diskcopy)

>I have the v2.4 distribution on 1.2Mb 5" floppies but I want to convert to
>1.44 Mb mini floppies.

You can't make a bootable 3" disk.  The boot sequence expects to find specific
things at specific sectors on the disk, and the 5" disks have a different layout
than the 3" ones.

   -John Plocher

PS. Ken Chapin did make a 3" boot disk for 3.0e (386), so he might have more info
    on this - Ken?...