Communications Programs

John Kennedy johnk at opel.uu.net
Wed Sep 27 19:47:47 AEST 1989

I, too, bought TERM and am extremely disappointed.

They got a glowing recommendation in the nutshell book,
_DOS meets UNIX_.  What I was looking for was a way to download
and command the DOS system from the UNIX system.

After being told I should buy a version for DOS and a version for
the V/AT, I ended up shelling out over $600.

What I found was that to do that, you run the DOS system in a
"server" mode, and send commands to it.

All the "server" mode is is a script that does a ctty command on the
DOS machine and waits for input.  Hell, I could have done that,
and then driven the DOS machine with shell scripts from the UNIX host.

Spend and learn.

John
John Kennedy                     johnk at opel.uu.uunet
Second Source, Inc.