make(1) and hash table overflows V/AT, 2.4

Ray Toy toy at ecse.rpi.edu
Sat Sep 16 11:01:14 AEST 1989

In article <276 at opel.uu.net> johnk at opel.UUCP (John Kennedy) writes:
>I have a very large makefile with many .SUFFIXES and inference rules.
>
>2)  is there any aftermarket make product that has more capacity and
>    will run on Microport Sys V/AT, rel 2.4?

You might want to try using GNU make.  I have gnumake ver 3.48 (?) running
and it works most of the time.  It does core dump on occasion and sometimes
incorrectly executes the commands, but it is usable.

You can get a copy from prep.mit.ai.edu or tut.cis.ohio-state.edu, I think.
Hope this helps.

Ray
--
Ray ---->