Cnews ported to V/AT?

Jon Zeeff zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
Tue Feb 13 01:46:57 AEST 1990

>Big enough to be a bad sign, I'm afraid.  A 16-bit program only has 64KB
>of data space, and it wants to use some of that for other things.
>
>>Unfortunately, rebuilding just expire and relaynews in large model is
>>such a pain that I haven't applied the January 1990 patches yet; I don't
>>know if they'd fix the problem or not.

Some 16 bit systems like the '286 in large model allow you to have as
many 64kb data spaces as you want.  No single object can exceed 64k
bytes though.  Anything that mallocs memory in small chunks should
work.  Things that need large linear arrays don't work.

Compiling all of C news in large model should work.  C news is quite good
about not assuming an int = 32 bits.

--
Jon Zeeff    	zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us  or b-tech!zeeff