Microport System V/AT on a 386

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Thu Jan 18 02:25:55 AEST 1990

In article <173 at tmsys.UUCP>, tmanos at tmsys.UUCP (Tom Manos) writes:
> Is there any reason Microport System V/AT shouldn't run on a 386 machine? I
> just bought (haven't received) a new 386 machine to replace my 286, but I
> don't have enough money to replace my 286 UNIX yet. Can I still run it?

Microport 286 will run fast on a 386.  We did this waiting for our first
386 release from uport.  However, buggy 286 code and slow large model code
will still be just as buggy.  Ouch.  I would recommend anyone with a 386
spring for real 386 UNIX.  (ESIX is cheapest with usual caveats of "you
get what you pay for.")

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll