ksh / emacsmode ???

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.conmicro.com
Mon Jul 30 14:46:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul29.141650.26386 at kth.se> perand at admin.kth.se (Per Andersson) writes:
>I just picked installed V/AT again, and
>I just can't remember how to switch on emacs editing in ksh. Anybody
>got advice ?

You don't.

Apparently, ksh is big enough that it needs large model to fit everything
in; the only problem is that ksh apparently does the usual nasty things
that make it not work in large model. Microport did about the only thing
they could short of a total rewrite, or buying a working version from
Mortice Kern Systems: they made two versions, one with vi mode only, and
one with emacs mode only. If you have the vi-mode one, you're stuck.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay at splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.