How to recover programs from install disks

David Kozinn david at monymsys.uucp
Fri Jun 1 01:33:01 AEST 1990

While playing around with the accounting facilities on my Sys V/386 system, I
managed to clobber /usr/lib/acct/acctcon2, one of the programs used to
process accounting records. While I've backed up any useful data on the
system, I never did a full system backup because I figured that I could always
recover any clobbered programs from the installation disks. Well, I tried to
do that today and I just can't figure out how. Obviously, I don't want to
re-install the entire system, so pkginstall isn't going to work. I haven't
been able to find anything in the manual that explains how to do this, and a
cpio on the disks just seems to show a file called "diskdata" that apparently
contains the name of the disk. Does anyone out there know of any way to
recover this one file? Thanks.
--
David Kozinn                     | UUCP:   pyrnj!bartal!monymsys!david
MONY Financial Services MD 75-14 | Domain: monymsys!david at bartal.crlabs.com
Glenpointe Centre West           | GEnie:  D.KOZINN
Teaneck, NJ 07666-6888           | Phone:  +1-201-907-6990