VI cheat sheet

Al Wesolowsky abw at natchez.bu.edu
Fri Dec 28 06:56:10 AEST 1990

In article <49357 at sequent.UUCP> edw at sequent.UUCP (Ed Wright) writes:
+In article <1990Dec27.041458.7468 at eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> hamid at lims01.lerc.nasa.gov writes:
+%
+%	Where can I get a list of vi text editor commands and their
+%	associated keystrokes?
[stuff deleted]
+Mohamad AlLowze (Harvard Press ? PH ??) is supposed to have "THE"
+definative vi manual ("THe EX and ED Editors)

Mohammed el Lozy, "Editing in a Unix Environment: The vi/ex Editor,"
Prentice Hall, Inc. (1985). Trade paper. $24.95 sticker still faintly
legible on my copy.

Very useful summary of commands given as Appendix A. The book itself is
pretty good, BTW. I see queries posted in comp.editors that look like
exercises from the book, so el Lozy seems to have picked on useful,
practical applications of the editors.

|     Al B. Wesolowsky  abw at bucrsb.bu.edu or arc9arn at buacca.bitnet    |
|"The event you have just witnessed is based on sworn testimony. Can  |
| you prove that it didn't happen?" Criswell-_Plan 9 from Outer Space_|