UNIX Documentation (was: '386 Unix Wars)

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Dec 28 18:31:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec28.004756.6019 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:

>What really baffles me is that people who seem to be reasonably well
>educated have such poor research skills.  This is a very bad trend
>when more and more complex pieces of technology are being introduced
>to wider segments of society.

Face it, my experience has been that the difference between the "average"
student ( read here 'one seeking new knowledge') and the "extraordinary"
student is that the former, needing 'spoon feeding', will wail loudly
at the painful difficulty of the material, and, spending most their time
raving, will progress slowly if at all in its mastery; whereas the latter
takes the task in hand and gets on with it...

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM