is it possable to mget any money if i write a version of vi?

Blair P. Houghton bhoughto at cmdnfs.intel.com
Fri Nov 9 02:22:30 AEST 1990

In article <940 at otello.sublink.org> venta at otello.sublink.org (Paolo Ventafridda) writes:
>why bother to re-invent the wheel?

Why indeed?

>A simple word-wrapping/right-justif. without any printer control

RTFM nroff(1).  The vi-macro using nroff to double-justify
text is fairly simple.  It's probably in the FAQ for
comp.unix.questions, in fact.

>I think that rewriting ex/vi is far much more difficult than
>writing a simple but workable WP from scratch.

vi(1) and emacs(1gnu) are _extensible_ (especially emacs, which
is more of a build-it-yourself editor kit than an actual editor.)

Maarten (anyone?) should email you a copy of the vi
reference.  I think you'd be amazed how powerful that
little editor is.  (Maart - I'd do it myself, but my copy is
on a tape in a box behind the-- well, you get the
picture...)

				--Blair
				  "I'd do it myself, but my brain
				   is on a tape in a box behind