Seeking SideKick-/spreadsheet-type functionality for AT&T 3B2

Darryl Okahata darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM
Thu Nov 1 10:39:48 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.misc, FFAAC09 at cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Nicole Delbecque & Paul Bijnens) writes:

> Anybody any idea to get around this?  Automaticaly?  Not using emacs?
						       ^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^
     I'm sorry, but, after seeing this, I couldn't resist ....

     GNU Emacs Calc has got to be the most powerful "free" (as in
"CopyLeft") calculator (RPN/algebraic/symbolic/etc.).  What other "free"
program allows you to both balance your checkbook and symbolically
differentiate a C expression and insert it back into your C source?
(Not that I use GNU Emacs Calc to balance my checkbook, mind you. ;-)

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd at hp-sde.sde.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.

P.S. -- By "free", I mean that, although GNU Emacs Calc is freely
	copyable, it is NOT public domain.  It is covered by the GNU
	Public License.