Seeking SideKick-/spreadsheet-type functionality for AT&T 3B2

Jay Maynard jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 31 13:21:23 AEST 1990

In article <27S68C4 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>But do you need a cute HP-16C keyboard drawn on your screen?
>(I like my HP-16C too, but I recognise the keyboard as a compromise. Besides,
> even at HP's prices an HP-16C is a lot cheaper than a 3B2)

...or a PC, or an NCR Tower, or...

What user interface would you use for an N-button calculator? Yes, the HP
interface is somewhat constrained by the number of buttons available, but
there's a certain elegance imposed by the limited number of keys, too. As
long as we're dealing with a calculator metaphor, a calculator-based user
interface is going to be the most intuitive.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu  | adequately be explained by stupidity.